Please take the time to read this policy so you know what information we may ask you for, why we ask for it, and what we will use it for.
Please note that this policy contains in the section entitled “Cookies”, which, along with our Cookies Policy, provides information on the cookies that we may place on your computer and use to gather certain information related to you and your use of the Site. Please ensure you read this section and our Cookies Policy so you understand what you are consenting to by continuing to access and use the Site in accordance with the terms and conditions applicable to the Site.
This policy may change so please come back from time to time to make sure you are up to date.
Data we collect
In order to provide you with our services and improve them we normally collect:
- your name, address, company name (if relevant), email, telephone number, payment and service details;
- information collected using cookies stored on your device(s) about your use of our online services, as further set out in the section entitled “Cookies” below;
- information about your use of our services, including usage and billing data; and
- other data, from time to time, to help us provide you with improved products and services, for example now and again we might ask you to fill in a questionnaire.
Using your data
Collecting this information helps us better understand what you need from us. We use it to offer you products, discounts and services that we think will suit your needs and attempt to improve your experience with us.
The main uses of your data are:
- to help provide to you our services;
- to provide you with service information and updates;
- to provide your billing and account information online;
- to enable us to review, develop and improve our products, services and special offers;
- to occasionally ask you to help us to carry out market research;
- to send you details of products, services, special offers and rewards that we think will be of interest to you, but only if you have opted into receiving this information; and
- to help develop and improve our services.
When you apply for or use our products and services, you agree to be bound by the relevant terms and conditions for those particular products and services. Such terms and conditions may set out any additional purposes for which we may use your personal information, and to whom it may be disclosed. Please refer to the relevant terms and conditions for full details.
Disclosing your data
There are occasions when we may need to disclose your information to certain third parties.
These occasions may include:
- to employees, contractors and agents of UK Broadband to deal with any accounts, products and services provided to you by UK Broadband or our group companies now or in the future; or
- to search the files of a credit reference agency, which will keep a record of that search, when you apply for service. Additionally, details of how you conduct your account may also be disclosed to the agency. This information may be used by other organisations in assessing applications from you and members of your household.
We will not pass on your personal information to third parties except in accordance with this policy and our terms and conditions, where we are required to disclose that information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements, or in order to produce anonymous statistics.
Protecting your data
We adhere to the requirements of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and we're also registered on the public register of data controllers which is looked after by the Information Commissioner.
Any information sent to us is protected using robust security methods. The methods we use are industry-standard ensuring data is safeguarded whilst being sent over unprotected communications paths such as the internet. When it reaches us, we store it securely and only provide access to it by those personnel who are authorised, and who we have ensured are suitable to have access to personal data. Although we safeguard your personal information once received, we cannot guarantee the safety of any personal information you transmit to us using online methods.
In accordance with our terms and conditions, you are responsible for keeping any passwords which you use to access the Site or our online services secure, and we very strongly recommend you do not disclose them to anyone (unless you wish to authorise them to access your account and potentially incur charges on your account).
Accessing your data
Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998. If we do hold information about you and you make a subject access request to us, we will:
a) give you a description of it;
b) tell you why we are holding it;
c) tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
d) let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
To make a request to us for any of your personal information we may hold, you need to put the request in writing, addressing it to our Data Protection Officer at the address provided below. If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone. If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to correct any mistakes by contacting our Data Protection Officer at the address provided below.
Marketing our products and services
We will automatically contact you with regard to your services, for example, with services updates, service disruption messages or payment information.
We may also, subject to your consent, use your personal information to contact you with information about new products, special offers and discounts relevant to you. Your details won't be shared with companies outside the UK Broadband group for marketing purposes without your consent.
If you no longer wish to receive any special offers or marketing information from us, please let us know by calling Customer Care or writing to us at UK Broadband Limited, 3rd Floor International House, 7 High Street, Ealing, London W5 5DB.
We offer functionality on the Site that is only available through the use of a cookie. You're always free to decline cookies if your browser has the ability to do so. However, if you decline cookies, you may not be able to use or access certain parts of or use some of the functionality of the Site.
Links from the Site to other sites
This policy does not cover the links within the Site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read any privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information you should write to the address below:
Data Protection Officer
UK Broadband Limited
Floor 3, International House
8 High Street, Ealing