Code of Practice Regarding Complaint Handling and Dispute Resolution for Domestic and Small Business Customers
now Broadband (a service operated by UK Broadband Limited) (“UKB”) delivers high-speed wireless internet access solutions to consumers and businesses.
2. Contact details
UK Broadband Limited
3rd Floor, International House
7 High Street, Ealing
Tel: 020 3006 7801
Phone: 0345 165 0259
Website: www.ukbroadband.com; www.mynow.co.uk
3. Terms and conditions, including prices and tariffs
now Broadband offers high-speed broadband to residential and business customers using 4G LTE wireless technology. now Broadband is a service provided by UKB over its 4G LTE wireless network, which operates in UKB’s licensed radio spectrum.
Pricing information is set out below and contact details for further information are set out at section 2 above.
As the now Broadband 4G LTE service is a wireless service, it is available only in certain coverage areas and within certain limitations, such as those caused by building construction and other environmental factors. A customer can use the availability checker on www.mynow.co.uk or by calling 0345 900 2839 to enquire if their home or business premises is within the coverage area.
The customer can order now Broadband wireless internet access services online from the now Broadband website (www.mynow.co.uk) or by phoning the now Broadband sales line on 0345 900 2839.
Once the customer’s order is completed, now Broadband will provide the customer with suitable equipment that connects to UKB’s 4G LTE wireless network, including by providing WiFi and Ethernet cable options for the customer’s PC’s, laptops, tablets, mobile phones and wireless devices.
A full price list is available, including standard tariffs, and details of any special discounts or offers, are available on request. To request a full price list, or details of any special offers or discounts, please call 0345 165 0259 or email support@mynow
Full terms and conditions for now Broadband’s residential and business products, including relevant service schedules and Acceptable Use Policy, can be viewed on the terms and conditions page of the mynow.co.uk website. The following are some of the key points in now Broadband’s standard terms:
- We provide you with your chosen communications services and we will provide you with the equipment that we deem necessary for you to receive the service on your home computer. Any equipment provided shall remain the property of UK Broadband Limited.
- We will begin the service on the day that you receive the equipment for the provision of the service (service start date). The minimum period for your service can be 1, 12 or 24 months depending on the package or offer you choose as set out in the Price List or the order form completed at the time your service was ordered. The minimum period starts from the planned date of delivery of the equipment required for you to receive the service as set out in the relevant service terms. The planned delivery date cannot be less than 3 days from the date we accept your order excluding Sundays and Public or Bank Holidays.
- You may cancel your agreement for the service for a period up to and including 7 days after you receive the equipment required to receive the service as set out in the service terms. If you do so we will not charge you for the service and/or where you have made any payment for any service or equipment we will refund any payments made. If you cancel any order within this period, you must return any supplied equipment (undamaged and in its original packaging including any supplied SIM Card, leads or accessories), in accordance with our instructions.
- Once we have provided the service, you may tell us to stop providing it at any time by giving us 30 days' written notice, either by email to any email address we may have given you or by letter to the address on your last bill or any other address we have given you, for that purpose. We can stop providing the service to you by giving you 28 days' written notice.
- A minimum period will apply to the service we supply to you depending on the pricing option and package you choose. These are detailed in the Price List or on the order form completed when you first requested service.
- If you end the agreement within a minimum period you will have to pay to us as compensation for ending the agreement early (being a sum equal to the amount of the charges to the end of the minimum period). If you have no minimum period remaining you will have to pay for the service until the expiry of the relevant notice period.
- We will provide bills online. We will provide your first bill for services shortly after we have provided the service to you for the first time. After that, we will provide bills at regular intervals. However, we may sometimes provide you a bill at a different time, for example if the amount of money you owe us is considerably higher than expected.
- You agree to pay the charges by direct debit or debit or credit card and payments will be taken automatically each month. You may also need to pay a deposit or a payment upfront before you can receive the service or goods. If you think that the charges on your bill are incorrect and wish to dispute those charges, you must tell us straight away. You must pay any charges that are not disputed. We will not suspend or end a service while we investigate any dispute.
- If you do not pay your bill, we will send you a reminder or call you. If we do not receive payment within 10 calendar days of the date of that reminder (seven days if you pay monthly), we may add a late payment charge of £10.00 to your next bill by way of compensation to us for breaking the terms of this agreement. We may also charge you £10 by way of compensation to us for any direct debit or cheque payments which are returned to us because you do not have enough funds in your account. The charges set out in this paragraph are not subject to VAT.
4. Customer service
Compensation or refund policy
Whilst the coverage checker on the www.mynow.co.uk website gives a good indication of service availability, we recognise that until a customer has tried the equipment within their premises, we cannot guarantee that our service will be available due to factors outside our control, such as building construction and other environmental factors. With this in mind, a full refund is offered if, within 7 days of service commencement, we are notified a customer does not wish to receive the service and all equipment supplied by now Broadband is returned within 14 days in the same condition as when supplied.
Complaint handling process
If you should have cause to complain about our service, please call our support line on 0345 165 0259 or describe your complaint situation in an email to support@mynow
Our support line staff will work with you to try and resolve your complaint immediately while you are on the phone or via email exchange, for example, fixing a fault you report on the spot. Where an immediate resolution is not possible, an investigation will be completed.
If your complaint cannot be resolved immediately with our support line team, we will escalate it. In this situation a team leader/manager will work with you to try and sort out the problem. They are likely to contact you to confirm the details of your complaint or request more information. They may also review network and usage data in relation to your service. We will then investigate your complaint with a view to resolving it as quickly as possible, and will endeavour to resolve your complaint within 10 business days.
We will give you regular updates on the progress of your complaint, and notify you of the outcome of our investigation as soon as reasonably possible.
If you feel your complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction, you can ask for your complaint to be referred to the UKB management by contacting the VP, Marketing at info@ukbroadband or writing to our head office address. A full review of your complaint will then be completed and we will write to you to outline our final position. If necessary, at this stage we will issue a ‘deadlock’ letter, so you can refer your complaint to an independent dispute resolution scheme.
Alternative dispute resolution procedure
If we are unable to resolve your complaint satisfactorily, we will issue a “deadlock” letter so that you may make a complaint through the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme, an independent alternative dispute resolution scheme. We can provide you with details of this service. Alternatively if more than 8 weeks has passed since you first made your complaint, please contact the ADR scheme directly.
5. How to obtain this Code of Practice
This Code of Practice is published on our Web site at www.mynow.co.uk Additional copies are available on request and free of charge to any domestic and small business customer. It is also available in large print format by contacting customer support:
Customer support phone number: 0345 165 0259
Customer support e-mail: support@mynow
6. Additional information
The Guidelines for producing codes of practice are on Ofcom's Web site at: